As a new type of decorative material, acrylic mirror has a variety of good properties. However, acrylic mirrors also have their fragile side. In order to better use and maintain acrylic mirrors, you should know the following knowledge about acrylic mirrors.
● Elasticity and deformation: Acrylic mirror is a kind of plexiglass mirror whose surface is softer than glass mirror, it comes with some natural deformation, so it may not suitable for some optical applications which require high precision. The larger the acrylic mirror, the easier it is deformed. Before applying the acrylic mirror, you should first determine the thickness and size to see if it is suitable for the use of the product.
● Use of adhesives: Neutral glue should be used to paste acrylic mirrors. Most of the acidic and alkaline glues are easy to corrode the coating and paint on the surface and back of acrylic mirrors. If you are not sure about the suitability of a certain glue, you can test samples for 72 hours in advance to determine the suitability. Please do remember that solvent-based glue cannot be used, which will cause irreversible damage to the acrylic mirror sheet such as cracking and dissolution.
● Thermoforming process: Like spherical acrylic mirror, firstly make the acrylic sheet hot bending molding, and then make mirror coating on the molding. Like convex mirror, concave mirror and other non-flat mirrors, firstly make mirror coatings on the acrylic sheet, and then process hot pressing molding.
● Outdoor use: Prolonged exposure to the sun will cause the acrylic mirror to deform and turn yellow. If use acrylic mirrors for outdoor purpose, the service life of the acrylic mirrors will be significantly shortened.
● Water absorption: Acrylic mirrors are easy to absorb water, which will cause temporary bending of the mirror surface in a humid environment. This is the characteristic of the material, so it should be considered when using it, and it should not be used in places with high humidity such as bathrooms and windows.
● Storage conditions: Acrylic mirror sheets should be stored in a cool and ventilated environment and wrapped with plastic film to minimize the absorption of water vapor. PMMA Acrylic is a flammable and thermoplastic material, so keep away from open flame when storing.
● Cutting processing: The acrylic mirror can be cut by laser cutting, CNC cutting and machine tool. Remember not to use die cutting, die cutting will damage the edge of the acrylic mirror.
● Protective film: There is a protective film on the surface of the acrylic mirror to prevent the mirror from being scratched. The protective film can only be removed after processing and installation.
The above knowledge and recommendations are based on market research conclusions, but there is no guarantee that there will be no other problems, because there may be usage methods and conditions beyond our control. It is recommended to consult with our people (email@example.com) before purchasing to determine the applicability and use of the material, and then use it for your commercial purposes.